Writing on 'Writing'

I am writing this post on 'writing' itself. Actually, many people, including me, are scared of writing. If people loved to write their ideas, everyone would have become an author. Ha ha...

Talking about my fear of writing...One would say how I am writing and fearful at the same time! When some idea strikes my mind, I take many days to pick a pen and paper to jot it down. It gives me shivers when I pick the pen. I fear if I will be able to give right shape to my idea! Will it be liked by a reader? This fear signals 'DANGER' to my hands when there is something to write. It happens many a times the idea which knocked the door of my brain is disappointed and goes back to the unknown place from where it came. Phew...

From my very childhood, the fear for writing started developing in me. The moment my learning 'oral' way was over, I was expected to pick pencil and start writing 1,2,3....A, B, C..... Many times I protested against the dictates of my teachers and parents as it was not acceptable to 'the liberal child' in me to follow others. Then on many occasions I was shown a stick or finger-prints of a big hand were attached on my soft cheeks. I used to become very fearful at the thought of picking the pencil (as if it will be accompanied by a tight slap on my face).

Then I grew up and joined senior classes. I was supposed to appear in board exams of HSC. The fear of writing bad answers in papers, especially in Maths and Science, used to struck me often and gave me shivers before and during exams. The fear for writing grew stronger......

This fear refused to relent even in my graduation and post-graduation days. Though I had become a mature and self-dependent person, I always felt uneasy before writing my exams.

Even today, when I apply for a government examination, I think many a times on how I would be able to write my answers.

This fear cripples me every time I want to write something creative or challenging. It is the same fear which used to grip me when I was learning to write. It definitely was a challenging task for me then.

Amazingly, I don't feel this fear when I go to bank for some transaction or put my signatures on some paper. :-)

Some people may laugh at my fear of writing. But I do believe many of us have this fear for writing. Otherwise, I repeat, everyone would become a writer/author.

Do You Agree?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing the best thing - and doing it best!

Sipping juice and thinking

Ideas are as great as you want