A Full Night of Moon




How many nights in a month, on average, have full moon? I think your answer to this question must be “What? Don’t you know!” Answer is obvious. Its only one night every 28 days. But, a full night of moon is possible for more days.
Do you remember your childhood days? How awestruck you were watching moon on a clear sky? Or, what about a cloudy night with a full moon? Didn’t you ever play hide-and-seek with the moon? In my childhood years, I sometimes spent hours simply gazing the sky with eyes wide open, following the moon. I wanted to clear the mystery of whereabouts of the moon in broad daylight.
Have you gone through this experience again after gaining maturity? Perhaps, no. It seems to be childish or wastage of time. We are too busy to spare time for such activities. Or you may reject the idea for reasons best known to you.
A break from routine life is a good idea. That’s why we plan trips, parties, etc. How about spending a full night of moon? I again am asking the same question, for reasons best known to me. Give it a try tonight if it will not be a moonless one. Did you say moon will not be full? To get full experience, half moon will do. After dinner, go to the roof of your house or sit on a bench in the park of your neighbourhood. Mosquitoes? Another excuse. Apply some repellent on legs and arms, and read further without thinking of any more excuses. No mobile phone or watch etc. Go alone, if possible. If someone is accompanying you, set terms of having individual experience without gossiping. Sit comfortably, look at the sky and start your journey with the moon. I here share an imaginary experience:
Close to midnight, I steal time from my family and go upstairs of my house, carrying a rest-chair with me. I choose a point which will give me full night access to the skies without hampering my experience. I throw my slippers and sit comfortably in the chair.
I look at the sky and try to cover all of its parts with my eyes. Scattered dark clouds engulf the dark skies of night. The clouds which are far from the range of moon look darker. The clouds closer to the moon are brightly lit. I locate the moon which is moving at a constant pace. It didn’t seem moving on a clear night, I remember. I, however, fail to remember the last time when I looked at skies like this. When moon approaches the clouds, it seems like clouds want to swallow it like an alligator gulps its prey.
(After 30-40 minutes)
I see something different there. Clouds are moving fast towards the moon and perhaps want to attack the moon. It is not moving and stands still like a brave soldier as if it is challenging the clouds. Clouds slowly overpower it. It looks like moon has been killed by those predators and will no longer be visible. Hold....I see some light at one edge of the clouds which increasingly becomes bright. Lo! moon comes out, with a bright light around it, as if it was victorious in the battle. I smile and realise it later.
(After 2 hours)
A cool breeze is blowing and touch my exposed skin. My ears note the sound of beetles in some faraway bushes. Theirs sound is like an orchestra, playing in the background of a theater act, i.e, the movements on skies.
(After 4 hours)
A strange thing happens. I see that sky has come down, a little closer to me. Sky looks bigger, moon seems rounder and brighter. It has perhaps realised I have been looking at it shamelessly. It confronts me on my face. I feel a little scared. What is going to happen? Moon starts smiling again. It shines more, comes forward and gives me a friendly hug. I feel relaxed and peaceful. Happiness enters my mind and I feel a strange joy inside. I leave my chair and dance for next a few minutes. (I don't know dancing and don't even shake a leg at parties.)  It is early morning. I now feel tired. The moon sings lullaby to give me a good sleep. My eyes slowly give up and I fall asleep, dreaming about romantic, moonlit nights.

How was the experience? Romantic? Experience it yourself to get your unique experience-of embracing the beauty of nature which we have forgotten. Visiting a hill station or any picturesque place needs planning, time and money. The amazing experience of watching moon takes nothing, but a onetime read of this post.

Have a lovey, wakeful night!

(Image source: https://videohive.net)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing the best thing - and doing it best!

Sipping juice and thinking

Ideas are as great as you want